Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer - 22010102
Location: United States
Job Title: Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Department: Quality Assurance
Region: Sunnyvale, CA
Quanergy’s (NYSE: QNGY and QNGY.WS) mission is to create powerful, affordable smart LiDAR solutions for automotive and IoT applications to enhance people’s experiences and safety. Quanergy has developed the only true 100% solid-state CMOS LiDAR sensor built on optical phased array (OPA) technology to enable the mass production of low-cost, highly reliable 3D LiDAR solutions. Through Quanergy’s smart LiDAR solutions, businesses can now leverage real-time, advanced 3D insights to transform their operations in a variety of industries including industrial automation, physical security, smart cities, smart spaces and much more. Quanergy solutions are deployed by nearly 400 customers across the globe.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will work in a team environment with suppliers to develop and implement best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Collect root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to prevent line stops due to supply issues. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support to suppliers. Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimize quality costs and maximize customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Maintain the robustness of product builds following new product introductions to ensure continuity and improvement in supplier capability. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support. Work on multiple phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of high complexity, with results impacting on project completion. Capable of audit readiness and drive continuous improvement initiative on the supplier side. We are looking for someone exceptionally capable, creative, driven, and just as passionate about the future of industrial, security, transportation and perception as we are! This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization!
- Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP).
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
- Lead the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks
- Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meets the required standards
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Collate and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain
- Work with the supplier directly, create corrective action plans to address process failures
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or product submission warrant.
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
- Monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
- Deliver training of quality awareness
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Assist with first off sample approvals(FAI)
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Manage and coordinate supplier Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
- Lead quality audits
- Undertake special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Support and lead process improvement activities at the supplier
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Achieve goals within budget
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
Must have 3+ years of industry experience in fast paced electronics or automotive electronics manufacturing setting
Kaizen, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques
Lean Six Sigma skills or Certified (black, brown or green belt)
Certified ISO Auditor preferred
Familiarity with ISO-14001 and OSHA regulations
Experience of working in Quality Assurance
Experience of Supplier quality development
Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
Attention to details and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (Master’s Degree is preferred).
- MUST have hands on experience on Production Quality Planning tools like FMEA, Control Plan, 8D, APQP, PPAP, MSA and SPC
- Certified ISO-9001 Auditor and working knowledge with IATF standards is preferred
- Ability to lead independent activities such as Root Cause Analysis and process improvements
- Read and interpret technical mechanical drawing with GD&T methodologies
- Hands on experience using measurement tools
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of IPC-610, AEC-Q component qualification and JEDEC packaging
- Ability to train manufacturing personnel and technicians on quality methods and requirements.
- Experience working or managing suppliers and supporting customer requirements.
- Experience conducting industrial and commercial product reliability and market compliances
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is a plus and other data analytics tools.