• 3D LiDAR Technology Provides Superior Accuracy, Reduced False Alarms, and 10-20x Lower Costs than Camera-Based Solutions
• Operational Intelligence Data Enables Occupancy Limit Enforcement, and People Counting Capabilities
• Enhances Threat Detection, Classification and Tracking for Security, Surveillance, and Perimeter Protection
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – September 1, 2020 – Quanergy Systems, Inc., a leading provider of LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) sensors and smart perception solutions, today announced a technology partnership with Milestone Systems.
Quanergy’s AI-powered 3D LiDAR sensors and QORTEX perception software are now interoperable with Milestone’s open platform video management software. This combination of technologies delivers advanced people flow and occupancy management capabilities for smart spaces, as well as enhanced threat detection and surveillance in security environments. The integration has been officially verified and listed on the Milestone Marketplace®.
“The partnership combines the accuracy of 3D LiDAR technology and the intelligence of AI-powered perception with a leading open platform video management software, XProtect®,” said Enzo Signore, CMO of Quanergy, “We are excited to team up with Milestone to provide a new level of real-time insights and enhanced capabilities for both security, smart cities, retail and public transportation applications.”
Quanergy’s QORTEX Flow Management Platform provides advanced detection, tracking, and classification of objects based on 3D point cloud data from Quanergy’s LiDAR sensors. QORTEX MXP seamlessly integrates with Milestone XProtect® video management software—running on-premise or in the cloud via Amazon Web Services (AWS). Together, the complete 3D LiDAR-based solution enables:
• Fewer False Alarms: The solution detects and tracks up to 250 people and objects with 95%+ accuracy. In addition, the LiDAR sensors perform reliably in all lighting and atmospheric conditions, which significantly reduces the rate of false alarms, saving time and costs.
• Reduced Costs: Quanergy’s 3D LiDAR sensors provide 360-degree coverage and a long detection range up to 70 meters, enabling a single sensor to cover upwards of 15,000 square meters. With fewer devices to install and maintain, LiDAR provides a total cost of ownership (TCO) that is 10-20x lower than camera-based systems.
• Real-Time Insights: Quanergy’s Flow Management solutions provide accurate, centimeter-level information about the number of objects in a monitored area, as well as their spatial location, direction, and speed. Quanergy’s solutions can also detect the distance between people to accurately monitor and manage social distancing protocols.
• Privacy Protection: LiDAR does not capture or store any Personally Identifying Information (PII). The solution does not require user opt-in and poses zero PII Risk.
“We are excited to welcome Quanergy’s AI-powered 3D LiDAR flow management solutions to the Milestone Marketplace. We look forward to continuing our collaboration to bring more accurate and efficient management of public spaces, to improve social distancing and other people flow applications,” said Tim Warren, Community Technical Manager, Milestone Americas.
Quanergy was founded in 2012 and builds on decades of experience of its team in the areas of optics, photonics, optoelectronics, artificial intelligence software and control systems. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, Quanergy offers a high-performance AI-powered LiDAR platform designed to accelerate the automation of key business processes to increase productivity, efficiency, and safety of our 3D world. By providing actionable insights to organizations across major industries including, mapping, security, smart cities and smart spaces, industrial automation and transportation, Quanergy is enabling its partners and their end-users to deploy innovative solutions to drive their business growth and ultimately, improve the quality of life for people around the world. For more information, visit www.quanergy.com.
About Milestone Systems
Milestone Systems is a leading provider of open platform video management software; technology that helps the world see how to ensure safety, protect assets and increase business efficiency. Milestone enables an open platform community that drives collaboration and innovation in the development and use of network video technology, with reliable and scalable solutions that are proven in more than 500,000 installations worldwide. Founded in 1998, Milestone is a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. For more information visit: www.milestonesys.com
For media inquiries:
Neal Stein, Red Javelin Communications